Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Weekly Update 6/14/15

I am doing alright. Not much really got done this week, as Elder Davis and I both spent a night worshiping false idols crafted by the hands of men, chief among them being the Porcelain Goddess.

 

We had been trying to get invitations out to all the members for the carnival and conference, and while we were up in Stokes Valley, we went to the M’s, who were just about to leave to take their laundry to get it dried. They told us to follow them to the shops and they would shout us lunch. They let us choose and I chose curry, which they bought for us and then left. We got our meal to go, visited a few more people in Stokes, and then went home to eat lunch. It was only maybe 20 to 30 minutes tops from the shop. Anyways, I ate my hot Chicken Tikka Masala and Elder Davis had his mild Butter Chicken and we went back out to work.

 

We had a really good lesson with R and talked him into going to ARP with us this coming week, which was really good. We visited a few more families that night, and skipped dinner because we still weren't hungry (or so we thought).

 

We then (amazing companionship unity here) both got up around 12:30, 2:30 and Elder Davis around 5, to empty ourselves of everything we have ever eaten, and then I went again at like 9, in the shower. Pretty awesome that. So we basically spent all day Wednesday and most of Thursday in the flat waiting for whatever we had to pass. That is the last time I will choose curry. From that place at least.

 

The area is still pretty slow. I was cleaning out my stuff the other night and I was looking at my planners from Omahu, and our numbers were way better and more consistent up there, which was kind of sad to me.

 

We went to Seminary Week on Thursday morning to talk about how seminary helped us prepare for our missions, and then on Friday we had Zone Conference and I got my temple recommend renewed. We had a big lunch, and I just about did myself in again, and I think I was the only person to take a pass on the cake. Also, yes, I did get my haircut last week, but no, no pictures. Sorry, but yuck.

 

For the Carnival, our assignment was to deliver the invitations and during the event, we ran a Mormon Message. The idea was that people had to watch the message to get their passes for popcorn and cotton candy, but the system was flawed, so we just went out and socialized. I did take a turn at making cotton candy though, so I think I am a pro now.

 

Studying is going good; I am up to 2 Nephi 14 now. All in all, it has been kind of a strange week, but we did have some good events. There was also a homecoming for the Hutt 1st Ward Bishop's son, who just finished in the London South Mission. It was really strange because he left after I got here to New Zealand and is home before me, so I could potentially have gone to both his farewell and his homecoming. His mission was shorter because of his Visa. I think he was also in the same intake as Joseph Moore. But yeah, interesting week. Hopefully this one will be better.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment