Yesterday was the Queen’s Birthday, so we weren’t able to write home and we were given the transfer list on Saturday. I will be finishing my mission here in the Hutt 2nd with Elder Davis.
The flyer (anti-Mormon flyer from last week) really was quite sad, as well as the little bio on the guy. Saying that he had spent 20 years in the church before studying his way out makes it sound like he is really smart, but really he could have just decided not to go on a mission, and then bailed on the church.
Yeah, we haven't seen PA in like 2 or 3 weeks now I think. We will keep trying, but he definitely isn't the focus now. We just need to go finding and get new people to teach. I really just want to leave this area better than I found it.
Yea, Elder Perry's death was announced during Sacrament. It was really sad. I thought he would be around a lot longer than President Packer and Elder Scott, but I guess that is just the way things go sometimes.
I finished the Doctrine and Covenants on Saturday, and I am still going to keep reading the appendix sections of the manual, but today I was able to start again on the Book of Mormon, which is good.
I would say we are all getting along well enough. Not too tired of each other yet. We will stay as a 4 man for another week or two maybe, but the office found a flat for the other Elders to move to once transfers are taken care of.
The other Elder companionship only buys little things of laundry detergent and I brought our big one with us when we moved in. It ran out on Saturday night, and I wanted to do laundry so I would have clothes for Monday. We still had time to go to the store quickly, but we were all out of money until Monday. I remembered the liquid detergent I have been carrying around my entire mission that you either sent me with or sent to me, so I was able to do a load. It was my little miracle.
I also managed to sell my typewriter to Elder Bearnson, and we all got our zone t-shirts on Friday.
No one was at Institute this week because of a big rugby thing called State of Origin. I asked if people could just record it and watch it later, and they were all like "Nah man, you have to watch it live," but when we invited people to watch General Conference, most just said they would catch it later on the Internet. *face palm*
Some of the nights have been cold lately, but it is nothing serious.
Nothing really too much to talk about this week I think. I am happy I am staying in this area. I want to find lots of people so the next Elders will have stuff to do and people to see.
Elder Paulson really liked this newspaper headline:
No comments:
Post a Comment