Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Weekly Update 5/24/15

Yup, Kolby is cool. He is the one that tore his acl or something right before he was to leave on his mission, but it was miraculously healed and he left on his actual leave date, without doing a farewell.

 

Was there any horse on the menu (at a Korean restaurant)? I ate more last night haha. MMM mmm.

 

Pretty much all of our solid-ish people cancelled on us this week, which wasn't too good. One of our investigators (PA) also text us and said he had received his answer that Joseph Smith is not God's prophet, and again we were like "Ehhh, are you sure?” But he didn't drop us, so we will go around again and try to help him out.

 

Some tensions are running high in our four man flat, but mostly it is all good. The weather is getting very cold. Haha.

 

Transfers will be next week, but I did have exchanges with Elder Halahingano. He asked me if I knew a Meehan family from South Jordan, because he got a Christmas card from them.

 

We want to go to Institute more often, and preferable get our less actives and investigators there too. On Tuesday night, some of the YSA took us out to dinner at this Kansas City BBQ place. It was alright, Texas Roadhouse is better. But one of the girls almost died when she started choking on a piece of meat. It was pretty crazy, but she wouldn't go with the ambulance when they came. She even started hallucinating. The other YSA kept us updated on how she was doing. Apparently while she was hallucinating, she was calling for Fred, which wasn't good, because Fred is on his mission.

 

I am finally almost done with the D&C, but I will still have to read the Book of Mormon at like 15+ pages a day to finish it in time. This week I had a goal to place 5 copies of the BoM, but I only placed 3. Still pretty solid, and I definitely want to keep the goal. It felt good to place more emphasis on the Book of Mormon. Carpe Diem.


The Sisters asked us to come and give a blessing to one of their investigators who is in the Mental Health Unit of the hospital. Basically, the receptionists wouldn't let us in because there were already too many visitors. When the sisters came out, they said their investigator didn't want a blessing anymore. It was really funny because when the receptionist was asking who we were and what we wanted, and we told her why we were there, she was like, "well, can't the girls just do it [the blessing]?" and we were like "ehhhhhh, no. Not really." It was funny.


I was also given a Paua shell ring by one of the other Elders in the Zone. He has been in his area for like 8 months now, so I think he gets a discount on them. Haha. He gave them to a few of us last week when we had a Zone P-day, because he had been on exchange a few weeks ago into our 4 man flat.


And last but not least, we got this fun flyer in our mail box this morning.

 

Silly Flyer Silly Flyer2 

No comments:

Post a Comment