I am doing pretty good. I haven't really been in my area much this week, since I was on exchange with Elder Mahina from Monday to Wednesday, and then again from Friday night to Saturday night. We were going to see J yesterday, but he text us and said he was busy. We set up a return appointment for tomorrow afternoon, which should be good.
I have a Tupenu, but it looks more Chinese, and I want some different colors. No, I probably can't where it here, except maybe to like a cultural night or something, but there is nothing stopping me from wearing it at home. I’m thinking of a sandy khaki type one, and a dark gray one, and maybe a blue and purple lava lava. Looking good.
We were able to go bowling last week, so that was pretty fun.
I think our ward is really great, but I do think we need to take the area back to the basics. This week we'll do some door knocking on exchanges, since I'll be staying in my area this exchange.
We had our Ward Cultural Night on Friday, which I think was a huge success. It was awesome to see how many people participated; and how many non-members and less actives came. There is no way we would have gotten that many young men to sing or dance at home. Haha.
The Sisters also had a baptism on Thursday, and Elder Wenke was chosen to do the baptism. I gave a talk on the Holy Ghost. Unfortunately, neither Elder Wenke or the girl being baptized remembered to bring towels, so Elder Mahina and I raced to my flat to grab some towels during the ordinance. Elder Wenke was also chosen to do the confirmation on Sunday, and had to do it twice. It was actually wrong the second time too, but the Bishop just let him carry on, and after Gospel Principles, we did the confirmation without a blessing privately in Bishop's office.
I finally got to go to Wellington this week for a Mormon Helping Hands service, so that was pretty cool. I had Elder Nordlin in the back seat take lots of pictures out the window for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment