Sunday, February 22, 2015

Weekly Update 2/22/15

I am doing good. I got my voice back and stopped coughing and stuff after a few days.

 

We did a little bit better this week as far as lessons and stuff go, but it has still been kind of slow. We met a referral from the office, so we have a new investigator now, which is pretty cool. His name is J. His brother was taking the lessons in Australia and was going to be baptized, but he died two weeks before in a car accident. No one in his family even knew he was investigating the church until a bunch of members showed up at his funeral.

 

The new area is pretty good. I like the ward here too. I’m just trying to learn the area and meet all the people before Elder Wenke is transferred.

 

Yesterday I gave the lesson in Elders Quorum to about 20 or so brethren. I also saw two guys at church wearing Tupenus (a wrapped garment also called a sarong, lungi, or lava-lava) with socks and shoes, so I guess that means it is acceptable. The ward members haven't really provided an referrals, but if we ask, they are usually willing to come out with us. We really haven't done any door knocking yet, just talking to people on the street and trying to get referrals.

 

The last few P-days we have pretty much just played rugby touch or something. I think today we are planning to do a District P-day and go bowling but I am not sure anymore. Instead of emailing at the Hutt library with the Sisters and Harbour Elders, we are at the Wainuiomata library, because we are starting an emergency exchange with the District Leader companionship. I don't think they have been getting along or something.

 

Also, this week we had dinner with the Semu family, the first councilor in the bishopric. I learned that he baptized his wife while he was on his mission, and was married to her three months after he got home. I don't think that would really work out for me though haha. Good thing too.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment