I am doing pretty good.
It was a really long bus ride getting from Taradale to Lower Hutt. I think all in all, it was probably four or five hours. It was about two hours to Palmerston, a 30 minute break, and then another while to Wellington. Because I took the bus, I was able to bring all my things and not worry about weight. I just had to fit it all in my bags. There were quite a few people on the bus; but just me, Elder Zollinger, and another Elder going to Johnsonville. Sister Tuitavake was supposed to come down here as well, but she was sent to Nelson instead. We talked to a few people on the bus.
As far as I know all my stuff made it ok. The flat was left pretty bad, so I have spent a lot of time cleaning and organizing, as well as putting my own stuff away.
Elder Wenke seems pretty good. He’s been out for about a year, but he also served for a few months in Germany (Visa problems). He has been here for three transfers now. No senior couple, but the entire Zone is pretty close in proximity.
I think the new area seems pretty good. It’s really cool actually having an Elders Quorum, a pianist, YSA's, youth and everything. I think there was something like 100 members at church, but I didn't count. I think there were also about 15 guys in Elders quorum alone. It is obviously still smaller than a Utah ward, but it seems like it is at least fully functional and has different people for all the callings and positions.
We had a Missionary Correlation meeting yesterday, and I have met a good number of the members. I think there are a few investigators and such, but I haven't met too many quite yet.
Yes, we have a car, but it is a pretty small area. Yes, we have a washer and dryer. Those are standard issue. I haven't put my bike together yet because Elder Wenke has a broken wheel.
I am just about done with the Book of Mormon, and then I will start reading the Doctrine and Covenants.
More pictures from Taradale-
My Garden
Neville
The Highams
On splits
Elder King
Moving
No comments:
Post a Comment