We have been doing a lot of service and visiting members, but not really any door knocking. On Saturday, we were doing service for a nonmember family from about 11 to 5. Basically the entire time I was chucking stuff down the throat of a dodgy wood chipper. We have done service for all walks of life, and faiths.
We have had a few teaching opportunities, but for some reason we have had a really hard time catching up with people this week, so it has been a bit slower. Hopefully we will do better this week.
There are a lot of Islanders in my ward, really a big mix of everyone here. I don't really know how to describe the culture.
Yes, we do have a car. It is a real greedy gas guzzler, but it is good that we do have it, because Elder Wenke has a broken bike and doesn't seem to have any intention to fix it. Last Monday we took the bus to and from town, which is $3.50 each way, which is kind of annoying, but oh well. It is a lot cooler here in the Wellington area, especially with all the wind and such. It has actually felt pretty cold the last couple of days.
Last week we had a FHE and dinner with the Vaioleti's, both of whom are RMs from this mission. Brother Vaioleti finished in Gore the same time I started in Alexandra.
Yesterday, we went to a Pacific Area Presidency Stake Auxiliary Leadership Training Broadcast, up at the Stake Center. I think the thing that stood out to me is that the Stake Presidencies, Bishoprics, and all the other leaders in the church receive basically the same training as the missionaries do. The Stake is also setting up a M*A*S*H (Mobile Ancestry Support Hui ) for Family History. It should be coming to our ward in June or July.
No, I didn't really talk to President much, and I only really shook President Going's hand. When we were going back to our area, I couldn't move over because of a darn white Holden. When we pulled up next to the car at a light, I realized it was the Going's again.
Elder Thompson is one of the Area Seventy, so he is a Seventy, but not a General Authority. I think it was President Pearson that came up with the Frontier of Faith.
Day to Day details: Earlier this week I ate some questionable tuna; it might have been cat food for all I know. New Zealand is a place where even Patriarchs can go less active. Um, I've been sick this week, I pretty much lost my voice yesterday and today. I finished the Book of Mormon this week, so now I can start on the Doctrine and Covenants.
No comments:
Post a Comment