Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Weekly Update 1/25/15

I am doing good. I am going down to the Lower Hutt to be with Elder Wenke in the Hutt 2nd Ward. Elder Wenke is from Germany. I have met him once or twice before, but don't really know him too much. I'm bussing to my new area.

 

jan25

 

jan252  jan253

 

Responding to news from home:

 

Hmm, interesting, I wasn't expecting the Bishopric to change like that.

 

Good old missionaries on exchange. That is good they got Dad to come with them, and Dad had a good reason to get into that family’s home.

 

Hearing about a missionary friend who had a cockroach crawl out of the soup he was eating- 

 

Cockroaches are so gross. They aren't super common here, because I've always been in relatively nice flats and kept them clean, but we do get the odd one every so often. We were fixing a hard drive for a less active member that they hadn't used in about a year, and when I opened it up, there were probably 15 or so pinky sized cockroaches and then a whole bunch of baby ones.

 

We really haven't had the opportunity to do much teaching, but we have done a lot of service. We have basically been repainting three rooms of Sister H’s house, and the B's are moving to Australia over the weekend, so we spent about 5 hours with the Elders Quorum (Elder King, me, Bro Smith, Alan and Rodney) on Wednesday cleaning up her yard.

 

FHE in the park has kind of fallen on its face lately. The Tohiariki's (Bishop and family) haven't been able to come to several of them, so lots of others don't come either.

 

It has been pretty hot; I think I got a sun burn on Wednesday, but it is the first one in a few months, so that is cool. It has also been really dry, it is only really humid after it rains, which it hasn't done properly in a while. I think it is technically a drought right now. We had a really hard, fast shower the other day, but it only lasted 20 minutes or so.

 

We have been doing random bits of service for the G’s, like putting up shelves and curtain rods, but one of their cats has been pretty sick and got an eye infection that has been weeping. So the last time we were there, she asked us to give the cat a blessing, which was really strange.

 

The Ward is doing alright. I think the Relief Society is going finding soon. Maybe Elder Zollinger and I made a difference, but we won't really be seeing it, as we are both moving.

 

I think Bishop Tohiariki is the man. They had a Stake Correlation meeting last week with all the Bishops, Ward Mission Leaders, the Zone Leaders, and also President Hudson. Apparently both Bishop and Brother Ngaronoa spoke very highly of the four of us.

 

I have also been going around trying to get pictures with a few people I hadn't gotten pictures with already. I was already pretty sure I was leaving, but then at interviews with President Hudson on Thursday, it was confirmed to me.

 

Also, I’m speaking at a tangi on a marae (funeral) tonight, should be interesting. I also gave one of my pumpkins to the Hudson’s at District meeting.

TohiarikisThe Tohiariki’s

DownsThe Down’s

BroSmith Brother Smith

 

Roseann Roseann

 Bosmann's

The Bosmann's (minus Navajo)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment