Caleb sent us a Christmas package with a letter that included his testimony. I wanted to share it here:
I know this church is true. The missionary work isn’t easy, but it will be worth it. I hope that when I come home, I will be able to keep doing member missionary work and help the missionaries at home, just like I wish more people were doing here. I know that the true meaning of Christmas is not food and gifts, or decorations and parties, but that it is about service, time with family, and especially Jesus Christ, because He is the Gift.
I have a testimony of the Priesthood, the power and authority given to man from God, to act in his name for the blessing of our brothers and sisters. I also know that when we use it righteously, the Holy Ghost will definitely prompt us with the things we need to say and the blessings we need to pronounce. I have been here in Taradale longer than any other area, but I have also given more Priesthood blessings here than the rest of my mission combined. I know that we will be led in the things that we need to say, because it is not us giving a blessing, it is our Heavenly Father. We are just the voice, the hands, the middle man.
I am grateful for my opportunity to serve, and I hope that I can make the most of it while I am here. My remaining time is short.
I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, the Gift. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment