Well, I think the holidays are technically over today, because the day after New Year’s Day is also a holiday here, so everyone had a 4 or 5 day weekend, meaning that there was almost no one in Taradale all week. A has been coming to church, which is really good. N has moved, and no, no contact with L.
We made my birthday tacos, and I made the birthday cake last night so I could eat the frosting. I put the cake in the oven, and then realized I hadn't added eggs, so I pulled it out, cracked the eggs on top, and then mixed it with a fork in the dish. Awesome.
There are some Mexican food items here in the international aisles, but it is pretty expensive. You can buy corn chips and Old El Paso or Pam’s salsa, but a can of refried beans is like 5 dollars, so I haven't ever bought that. I have worn the ties and I wore the shirt last P-day for a few hours.
I was worried the Christmas package I sent to you wasn't going to make it since I probably made it look dodgy with all the tape, and since I put the customs declaration thing for $249. But that is good. Did the instructions make sense? I guess it will have to wait a while now, but one of the pieces is for Grandma's birthday too.
Our church also changed to 9, so that is good, but probably lots of people won’t make it, as they will sleep in.
Also, this week I saw and felt a nearly 10 pound loaf of bread. I thought you would find that interesting. And Sister H finally came to church, so that was really good.
No comments:
Post a Comment