Sunday, March 8, 2015

Weekly Update 3/8/15

I am doing well, except I’ve been sick since last Friday, which is driving me nuts.

 

We saw J on Tuesday and had a lesson on the Restoration with him, which was pretty good. We set a return appointment for Thursday, but he cancelled because he had an appointment with his lawyer, which hopefully went well.

 

Yes, this is transfer week and I am staying with Elder Wenke.

 

I think I’m more grateful than some missionaries to be in a ward with plenty of members because of how my mission has been so far, and I do hope I finish here in this area, since I only have three more transfers anyway.

 

This week has been pretty slow because of me being sick. I was with Elder Mahina, Elder Zollinger, and then Elder Mahina again this week on transfers.

 

The Cultural night was mostly just food, and the Samoans were really the only group that did music or dancing.

 

For the Helping Hands, we were just taking weeds out of a historical stream or something in Wellington. It was pretty gross. Not much to take pictures of though.

 

This week I left a really good commitment with some less active kids, but they didn't do it. We also had a good lesson with P A, and I think he now understands the Word of Wisdom better. We set a date for him to be free of his addictions, and a date for him to be baptized, on the 5th and the 18th of next month respectively.

 

Elder Mahina and I also had our apartment broken into this week while we were home and asleep which was kind of scary, but turned out to be okay and kind of funny. It was at like one o’clock in the morning and it turns out the person who broke in was just eating our food. We found out in the morning that it was our severely autistic neighbor, who wanders when he is hungry.

 

March8

 

March82

 

March83

No comments:

Post a Comment