Sunday, August 24, 2014

Weekly Update 8/24/14

I am doing well.

 

I remember Chad Hymas. He did an assembly for us at the school.

 

Probably a highlight of the week was on Thursday night when we took our Elders Quorum President to go visit a few families. There is a single less-active sister that we set an appointment with, but when she finally answered the door, she was going to send us away because she got sick from the kids where she teaches. As she was closing the door, I felt prompted to ask if we could give her a blessing to help her feel better, to which she looked kind of surprised, and then accepted.

 

She welcomed us into her home and we were able to talk to her for another 20 minutes, teaching her more about the priesthood and blessings, and leaving her with a blessing. It was also a good teaching opportunity for our Elders Quorum President who is has just come back into the church, and has this big calling, and hasn't had a lot of experience with the priesthood. So I thought it was a pretty good visit.

 

Last Monday, I cut the other two elders hair. It is a little bit harder with longer hair to get it to blend, but it was ok. We also hiked up the Sugar Loaf, the highest point in our immediate area. We are going to ask for permission to go to Temata Peak later on. I have also been trying to learn how to do a wheelie on my bike. I tried on and off on Saturday.

 

DSC03379

 

The other day, we were walking around in town and we got proselyted into by some conservative party supporters (elections are coming up). They asked if we were voting, but we fended them off with the ol' nah-thanks-have-a-nice-day/also-we-don't-live-here combination. It was pretty funny though. We also met this guy named Renee from Denmark. He has been here for six weeks and he is going door to door selling these forestry and bird books. It was just good seeing how enthusiastic he was about his crummy job. It was also funny seeing people buy his book, but turn us away.

 

We did some service for a lady the other day, and I was cutting branches off a tree, and they were full of maggots. It was super gross.

 

I have also figured out recipes for pancakes and chocolate chip cookie dough. So I have been eating lots of pancakes.

 

DSC03388

 

DSC03387

 

I went to the post office last week, and the prices have all gone up. Again. They also got rid of the International Economy shipping option. So the cheap and slow option is now gone. I don't know how expensive the package will be. I will send it before I leave this area though. I am just waiting, because my camera card is almost full, so I will put that in too.

 

Yes, I did finish Jesus the Christ, just the other day. I am now back to solely reading the Book of Mormon. I am reading in the Isaiah chapters in 2 Nephi right now. I think the mission tour is the 12th of September. We are also having exchanges this week. I think we are being fed twice this week by the Ngaronoa family at the Chinese Smorgasbord. Woo hoo. Haha.

 

I haven't taken my bike in yet, but maybe I will when we go on exchange and we have the car.

 

I think that has been my week pretty much.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment