I am doing good. This week is a transfer week, but Elder Balacano and I are staying together here in Taradale/Omahu. So I will be his last companion.
(Insert- from mom’s letter- After getting your email last Sunday, I was concerned about you. You seemed discouraged after having to make the decision to drop G, being yelled at to get a job, and having your companion cursed at in tongues. Pretty much an epically bad week, huh? I’m happy the weather was good for you though.)
Actually Mom, those were all highlights of last week. Anything out of the ordinary is good I reckon. Haha.
So up until I came here to Hawkes Bay, I really haven't had too many problems with my bike, but it has been acting pretty stupid while I have been here. They are decent bikes, just not worth the cost. But it has also been a year, so the fact that I have only had to spend about 80-90 dollars so far is pretty good. At the beginning of the transfer, I took it into the shop to get the gears adjusted, which cost me 40 bucks. Then the other day we got dropped off in the middle of nowhere out near Omahu, and my back tire finally decided to give up the ghost. It looks like I may have been pinned though. I'm not sure. It doesn't help that the tire was so bald that the string was showing through the rubber. Also both sets of brakes were completely shot; the metal base was what was rubbing against my rim. So on Friday I bought a road wheel, put that on the front, the front tire on the back, and I have changed out my front brakes, and today I will go buy another set of brakes to put on the back. I think I still need to take it into the shop though, because the front gears are still making funny sounds.
![]()
We had dinner with some sort-of investigators this week. They put the dog outside so it wouldn't cause problems, but it took my shoe and ate the shoelace, so I had to go find new shoelaces. Too bad the shoelaces I got are totally inferior. J
We had a movie night on Friday night, and watched Ephraim's Rescue. That was pretty good. Not very many people came, but that is okay. We also had our first Correlation Meeting with Brother Ngaranoa, our new Ward Mission Leader on Friday. Hopefully we will be able to help him and he will be able to help us. Yesterday, we had Ward Conference, and there were about 100 people there for Sacrament. I think about half were visitors from the stake, and the others came for the food.
Mostly we have just been looking for new people to share the gospel with because there is no one that we are really working with right now who is progressing. I have been reading Jesus the Christ again. I am a bit more than halfway through it. I guess something I have taken from it is how even with Jesus telling the people that he is the Christ, lots of people still didn't get it, including sometimes the Apostles. With that in mind, it does make sense how with us, lots of people won't believe us or understand. I also like the added insight that Elder Talmage gives to the teachings of Christ and the background information.
On Thursday I got a little care package from Elder and Sister Brown (a nice note and some chocolate) because they saw on the blog about Daisy passing away. They always make me laugh. They are such good people.
I would say that has been our week. Not too much has happened. I am just hoping that this transfer we find some people to teach.
No comments:
Post a Comment