My bike is doing alright. Just a few more things I need to do for it. It is probably just tired after 13 months of manual labor and lots of rough handling during transfers. It is surprising that I have had to do so little to fix it thus far. I think all it needs now is another set of brake pads, because I only replaced one set, and maybe a new cable to the front chain gear thingy.
This week I gave Elder Balacano a haircut. Or rather, he gave himself a haircut, messed up, went to a member who made it worse, and then I fixed it all. It was pretty funny. No, it was hilarious. Haha. He won't let me have the original picture where he messed it up though.
This was before I fixed it and after the member tried:
This is after I fixed it:
Mostly we have just been doing a lot of finding. And finding. Also some finding. The new Ward Mission Leader is pretty good. He might be hard to teach, because he has had the calling before, but he is ready to dive in, so that is really good. We have done a few service projects this week, but nothing major. We are looking for more though. We just helped a sister move this morning for a few hours.
We actually all talked in church yesterday. I was second to last and the time was basically up, so I just bore testimony.
In response to the best, worst, and funniest things that happened this week:
Probably the funniest was when Elder Balacano buzzed a section of his hair off. The worst is probably when you spend what feels like 11 hours door knocking and street contacting, and exactly zero people express the smallest iota of interest.
I finally got my stuff from Greymouth (thanks to the Brown’s). Now I know when everyone's birthdays are again. I'll probably try to send the stuff home in the next month or so.
I think that is pretty much it for the week, I left my planner in the flat, so I can't remember anything that happened. Haha. Whoops.
Other than that, I am doing pretty good. We just don't have anyone to teach.....
No comments:
Post a Comment