This is how Elder Paulson summed up his week-
I fed a wallaby out of my hand sort of. And I weighed myself. And I talked to lots of people.
And the longer version-
I tried feeding a wallaby out of my hand earlier this week. I'm not sure that you are supposed to, and at this specific park, but I did it anyway. I saw that one of them was eating dead leaves off the ground, so I pulled some leaves off the tree and taunted it closer and closer until it ate one out of my hand. Good times.
We have done a lot of finding this week to try and hit 150, which is the mission standard of excellence since we have been getting rebuked for our numbers, but I looked at my Alexandra planners and my “Talk With Everyone” numbers were even worse there.
We did some service at the rest home here in Waimate. They were having a men’s day out at the bar/fish and chips place. We got to just go and talk to the older guys that are living there either for mental reasons, or just physical things that make it so they can't live at home anymore. That was pretty cool.
The military exercise is also wrapping up this week. When we were walking down the road one day, one of the soldiers out on patrol yelled across the street to us "Hey Elders!" so that was pretty cool. We wanted to go to their camp and see if there were many members in the group, but I don't think they are allowed to give personal information during the exercise.
Lots of finding, not many lessons, and we have basically dropped the entire group of investigators we had.
We will probably just walk around town for P-day. Maybe we’ll go play some ping pong at the community center. I'm pretty much a pro now.
Have you introduced any friends to the missionaries yet?
No comments:
Post a Comment