The week has been good. We have been doing a lot of service and trying to talk to more people every day. Waimate has less people than Alexandra, but I like it more because we are just in one town rather than all over the place, so it is a bit easier to learn my way around. We do a lot of our shopping up in Timaru after District Meetings on Wednesdays because they have Countdown, Pac'n'Save, and the Warehouse. We only get little things like deli meat at the New World here in Waimate.
This week we set 3 baptismal dates, but really only 2 are solid, and maybe only one even. It's kind of confusing. It is also hard because many people we teach here in Waimate don't have cars and there is only one member who can drive people to church, when she even goes, and she only has one seat available. The branch was talking about trying a sacrament meeting down here during the Branch Council meeting, but I am still kind of opposed to that. While it might be good for the members to have Sacrament, the rest of the church experience just isn't there for the investigators, so we will see.
Next week we have Stake Conference up in Christchurch. Elder Halleck of the 70 will be presiding. He is in the area presidency and spoke at the MTC while I was there.
I think I'll be a professional gardener when I get home. We have been doing a lot of heavy duty weeding and sod tearing, helping people prepare to make vegetable gardens. Also, if you are still going to be tearing grass out of the backyard in the spring, forks work better than the shovels or pick axes. Just sayin’. But one of those sod tearers with the motor would probably be even better.
We did go to a yard sale and used our powerful haggling skills to buy a sandwich press for $5.
Always a good time.
While we are door knocking, we get a lot of mixed reactions. Most aren't good. The other day we were door knocking and got a lot of opposition from those we talked to. It was pretty fun. Ranging from "No thanks,” “F off," to huffs and door slams, and from geography tests to raised voiced verbal beratings about knocking on doors at dinner time. I think it is fun though because it makes it feel like something is happening. It adds a little life to our finding and gives us something to laugh about. It's better than just walking from door to door with no response or something.
I think that is pretty much it for this week. Good times haha
For Caitlin-
Here are the wallabies for you. I think there is a place you can go to play with them, but you have to pay. I also think there is a place to go hunt them. That could be fun?
Oh, I'm sure Caitlyn loved the hunting wallabies comment!
ReplyDeleteLooking good, sounding even better. Oh how I wish I was blessed with a temperament like Elder Paulsons.
ReplyDelete