Sunday, November 17, 2013

Weekly Update 11/17/13

I am doing fine.

 

Stake Conference was alright. It was basically the same as the conference in Dunedin, just with different speakers. It is all about missionary work and rescue work. We drove up Saturday afternoon, stayed with the Zone Leaders, and came back Sunday afternoon. Canterbury and Waimate districts are a lot flatter than down south. I am now working with Elder T, my District Leader. He is from Tahiti and has been out about 18 months.

 

No, I don't have work gloves. Those are for the weak.

 

My shoes are fine for the most part. I think I can make them last. I don't think they are really any worse than they were when I left. I might grow out of all my pants and shorts, but I can probably find more anywhere. Every mission flat has piles and heaps of clothes left behind, and the warehouse has decent prices.

 

We have been doing a lot of finding, or attempting to at least. We get growled at a lot because our people talked to numbers are really low. The mission expectation is 150 a week, but we have been between 70 and 100 this entire transfer. It’s hard in this area because there is no one to street contact, and it doesn't matter what time we go door knocking, less than half the street will answer the door.

 

We had three baptismal dates, but one has dropped because she isn't mature enough. Hopefully she will see her mom be baptized and have a change of heart. Our other date is probably going to crumble because we aren't allowed to teach her anymore, the sisters have to teach her, and the nearest sisters are about 2 hours away. So we will see.

 

There is a big military exercise going on here in my area over the next few weeks. They had a little blip about it in the newspapers and there are soldiers all over town and the countryside. I think you can also follow the developments on FB. Google Mainlandia. The scenario for the exercise sounded kind of cool.

 

To Caitlin-

 

Missionary work is exciting. Every big meeting I have been to so far is about member missionary work and getting the members involved. Have the missionaries asked you for any referrals lately? You should think of a friend you could introduce to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment