I thought it was going to turn out to be a pretty good week, activity and numbers wise and all that, but then Elder King got sick, so I spent two days in the flat twiddling my thumbs.
We did get to catch up with a potential that Elder Balacano and I met door knocking. He is 15, and his name is L. He doesn't have much of a religious background, so we started off simple, about how God is actually our loving Heavenly Father, and how we can develop our relationship with him by talking to him, just like we would with anyone else, through prayer. We left him with a Restoration pamphlet, and went to see him again on Saturday. He had read the pamphlet and prayed, so we discussed the Restoration with him. We have another appointment next Saturday; hopefully his interest level will keep up, and he will continue to pray, and receive an answer.
W rode his bike to church this week, and he even got up to bear his testimony, which was awesome. I think it really touched a lot of members that were there. Brother Hanara, one of the counsellors in the bishopric has made a bit of headway with his family, so hopefully W’s partner will start to soften up.
We still haven't seen J and T. They haven't been home at all.
J and N are doing good. We didn't see them yesterday; I think the family went out to dinner with someone last night. Next time we see them we will teach some of lesson 4, probably obedience, the 10 Commandments, and about the Sabbath Day. They need to be coming to church regularly to be baptized, and for that to really happen, their parents would need to come back. Their dad has been hurt in the past, so it will still probably take some time. Sister Flynn (Primary President) has come to the last two lessons.
On Tuesday night I went with Bishop on splits, and we also went to Domino's.
Scripture study is good. I am nearly done with 2 Nephi. I don't read PMG except to find something in it when needed.
So Elder B went in for a MRI this morning, and basically the doctors (who admitted to not being the most clever) said that there was nothing visibly wrong with his brain, and they discharged him, having no idea what is wrong.
Dinner with George and Liz was good. They are pretty funny people. We had boiled beef and carrots for dinner, which is a lot better than it sounds. Apparently it is an old English dish that has been completely lost in England, but not here in New Zealand.
So, did you get a chance to watch the All Blacks play in Chicago? Everyone here was so mean about the Eagles leading up to the game this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment