Thursday, November 20, 2014

Weekly Update 11/16/14

I am fine.

 

Last week for P-day, we were going to play dodge ball at the church, but then the Cultural Hall was being painted, so we had to just play games out in the parking lot. It was the eight of us missionaries, a member from the other ward, and also our neighbor N, who I invited. I thought he was going to be kind of bored because we didn't play actual dodge ball like we had planned, but later in the week when I talked to him again, he asked if he could be invited next time we go out and do something like that again. I also gave him a whole bunch of pumpkin plants. We are playing again today, so I invited him to come along.

 

At FHE in the Park, I kicked Elder Zollinger's soccer ball up in the tree, so I threw my shoes to try and get it down, we eventually got the ball down, but my shoes are stuck there forever.

 

I started my exchange with Elder Bokai on Monday night after FHE. In the morning, we went to Atawhai for the wheelchair walks, and then after lunch, I stayed in the Tamatea flat until it was time for splits, because Elder Bokai got sick from one of his episodes. I spent the entire day reading and also teaching myself to draw. That night after we had finished splits, my last black pen disappeared into the couch. While I was diving for it, I basically shredded the suit pants I was wearing. I am going to try and find a place to try and repair them, but I think they are beyond salvaging. It is ok though, because I could tell they were starting to get thin.

 

We ended our exchange that night instead of Wednesday morning for Elder Bokai, but my companion was also sick. So Wednesday morning, we went to Atawhai to play Housie, and Elder King sat against the wall the entire time. So after Atawhai, I had the other Elders drive me to the Warehouse so I could get new shoes, pens, and some colored pencils so I could have something to do all day while I made Elder King stay in bed. So basically, I spent two days straight stuck in the flat. But I do think my drawing has gotten better? So I guess that is a blessing in disguise? I don't know haha.

 

On Friday, we did some service for R, and I got to cut a tree down with an axe. It was pretty awesome. I also found a few birds nests with little blue eggs in them, and I found two eggs that had blown out of a nest and gotten caught on the side of a tree.

 

That night we spent two hours moving everything in D F's house out to her carport. W was also there that night to help. Then on Saturday morning, we moved it all into a truck, which was completely loaded, then unloaded it at her new house, and moved it all up a flight of 30 or 40 stairs into the house. So we moved every item about four times. She has a lot of stuff, and a lot of wooden furniture, that is very solid.

 

I stepped on a metal spike during the Saturday move, which went through the bottom of my new shoes, and out the top. I thought it was through my foot for sure, and when I tried pulling it out, it left a sensation of dragging. I took my shoe off as much as I could, finding that it went through my shoe, through my sock, between my toes, and out the top of the shoe. Blessings. Also a good way to break in the shoes.

 

We saw L on Saturday night. He has continued to pray, and he says it feels less awkward now. He also made an attempt at reading the Book of Mormon, but he didn't get too far, because it reads a lot like Shakespeare for him. We taught him about the Plan of Salvation, and he asked some good questions, which shows he is really interested and taking it all in. We invited him to come to church, but his family had prior commitments for yesterday, but they will all come together next week probably, so that is really exciting. We will hopefully invite him to be baptized next week, if the Spirit is there and prompts us to do so. I don't think his mom is terribly interested, but she does listen a little bit, and she seems supportive so far.

 

We also saw G on Thursday and let him tell stories, and he was saying how “Liverpoolians” (he is originally from Liverpool) have a horrible habit of, when they don't know a word; they replace it with something that sounds similar. He was saying how the best known example is "Back in Pre-Hysterical times, lost in the mists of iniquity" which I thought was pretty funny for some reason.

 

I think that is pretty much all for this week. I will start my exchange with Elder Zollinger in his area tonight after FHE.

 

DSC03725 DSC03727DSC03732 DSC03734DSC03735 DSC03742

 

No comments:

Post a Comment