Sunday, July 27, 2014

Weekly Update 7/27/14

I am doing good.

 

President Hudson worked for General Motors in Human Resources (I believe). Nothing has changed yet, rules wise, but now that President Hudson has made his way around the mission and gotten a feel for it, things might start to change after the Mission Leader Council . I believe we are having a Mission Tour coming up soon as well, so we will all see them again then.

 

I feel like I am really starting to be able to follow the promptings of the spirit a lot better. We got yelled at least three times this week, which was pretty funny. One was when we were out street contacting in the middle of town and the guy started yelling at us. He told us to go back to our cult in America, to Idaho or wherever it is. My companion isn't even from America, mate. Another guy said he didn't like talking to people that don't think logically, or use their brains. He said logic has told him that there is no God, while I testified that logic has told me there is a God. He brought up hypnotism and something about suggestion of thought, and that was why we believed in God, because it had been put into our minds. And while he pushed hard on that, he refused to admit that it worked in the opposite direction. People are just so sad.

 

Yes, I am eating well. We were walking past the Golden Restaurant, the Chinese buffet place, and we saw the Zone Leaders and the Sisters there eating with a family. We stood outside until they saw us and waved, one of the Zone Leaders shewed us away. We left and were walking down the street when Brother Kafusi, from the Napier ward came out and told to come in for dinner. So on Friday night we had Chinese Buffet; it was Elder Balacano's second time this week. I got to talk to Brother Kafusi for a while, and it turns out he was actually born and raised in Utah. He knows the valley better than I do, which was sad but also kind of funny.

 

We also helped Brother and Sister Bush move on Friday morning. On Saturday morning, we helped another sister in the ward move, along with her kids. None of her stuff was packed, and we took two loads to the tip, or the land fill. We smashed up a whole bunch of bottles and plates, a desk, and an old TV. That was pretty fun.

 

With G (investigator), we told him we would bring some scriptures to prove something we had been talking about, but only if he read the Restoration Pamphlet we left him. He then didn't let us read and explain all the scriptures, deciding instead to move on to another topic, and then rather than reading the pamphlet, I am pretty sure he just googled "Joseph Smith is a False Prophet" or something, because he brought up the usage of the word generation in D&C 84, stating that the things didn't happen in that generation, that the entire generation is long gone now, and he wouldn't listen to our explanation. The only highlight was that he said he had prayed that we would only come back if our intentions were pure, and based on many of his past prayers being answered, he believes that we have pure intentions, due to the fact that God allowed us to come back. He is also always willing to pray for himself, but we are not allowed to pray to open or close lessons, because he has not established that we pray to the same God. Honestly, some people.

 

I will try to take some pictures this week. I got a picture with Brother Bush on Friday, but then I left my backpack at the flat this morning, so I don't have it to email. Whoops. 

 

Also, I did get the package, probably on Thursday while I was on exchange, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment