Sunday, July 6, 2014

Weekly Update 7/6/14

I’m not sure what I like most about the new area. We only have about three investigators here in Taradale, and so we do a lot of finding. It is another slow area. It feels more or less the same as any other area I’ve been in, just different streets and different people. I think I have to go to Wellington to not be in a small area or something. But ya, it is good. I do like that there is so much citrus and other plants like that. It is way different from Greymouth, which is basically a rain forest.

 

Honestly, not that much has happened this week. I did get a letter from Roma, which is a reply from two or so months ago. It was sent to me via the Office, through Greymouth, back to Wellington, and then to me. So that was pretty good to get.

 

The worst and probably also the funniest thing to happen this week was when we were biking and a guy opened his door in front of Elder Balacano. I don't think it was on purpose, but that didn't stop it from hurting Elder Balacano's hand and probably breaking the door. The other funniest thing was probably when Elder Balacano lost me temporarily. We ran across a street and I looked down to put my bike clip on, and when I looked up he was gone. We were reunited quickly, and fortunately I only saw one member while I was alone.

 

On Tuesdays at Atawhai (rest home), we just walk the people around the village, and on Wednesday we play “Housie” with them. This week has been pretty slow. We have just done a lot of finding, with not much to show for it. We were supposed to have a dinner appointment on Wednesday, but we didn't call in the morning and the member forgot, so we went without. On Sunday they brought us some baked goods, and another sister paid for a meal at a restaurant that we can go get whenever, since she can't have us over for a meal.

 

I will meet President Hudson a week from this Wednesday at Zone Conference. I think it will mostly just be an introduction and interviews, not a regular Zone Conference.

 

I really like the Browns, they are good people. Elder Brown is hilarious. They were both always telling all of us to make sure we invite them to our weddings.

 

I just got a copy of the video, Scripture Legacy by D Todd Christofferson. Check it out, it is pretty cool

 

I haven't really taken any pictures this week. My bad. Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment