Sunday, July 20, 2014

Weekly Update 7/20/14

I am doing pretty good. Yes, I got the Hump Day cookies on Friday.

 Year Mark Party2

 

Happy Hump Day2

 

It is sad about Daisy, but I pretty much figured it would be this way. (Our sweet little dog, Daisy passed away today). In the video Man’s Search for Happiness, from the 70's or 80's, it shows a spirit woman petting a spirit dove in the pre-existence, so I think that is confirmation that animals go to heaven.

 

That is pretty cool about Al Fox. Do you know how long of a mission the Hall's are serving?

 

I think I felt the spirit the most this week at Zone Conference when we met the Hudson’s. We also had introduction interviews with them, but they ran out of time, and our District was last, so we only had like 2 or 3 minute visits. I have also been studying the Book of Mormon and Jesus the Christ this week, so that has helped me expand my knowledge and grow in my faith.

 

Basically, our entire ward is moving or wants to move. It is pretty sad. The only way we can think of that the ward will be able to be fixed is if they combine the Omahu and Napier Wards, and the only way they can do that is to combine the Hastings and Flaxmere Stakes, which will probably be a while. Even if we get people to come to church, there is basically no one to fellowship them left. Brother Bush, our Ward Mission Leader, and one of the only members that helps us is moving this week. We tried having movie nights, but even active members don't come. Less-actives will come to the activities, but not to church. So ya, this is an interesting area I guess.

 

Have a nice week.

No comments:

Post a Comment