I must be starting to get the spirit of prophecy or something, because I did indeed get the first package you send last Monday right when we got back from emailing. The second one came on Wednesday, and I started getting your daily Easter letters on Tuesday. Unfortunately, I am only up to number 2, probably because of the storm that we had and the holiday weekend. Thanks Mom, you keep being the mom that you are.
I would say I am pretty happy. Things are going pretty well and it seems like the area is progressing. My split with the Zone Leaders was really fun. I was with Elder H from Australia, and he is really quite similar to me. He is finishing up this transfer.
Basically, we drove back from Westport, bought some eggs, ate dinner, and went to see a few people to make sure they were coming to FHE. I taught the lesson and told the story of Ammon, and then we made Easter baskets. After that, Elder H and I were in the flat from about 8:45 Wednesday night to 10 or so Friday morning, other than a few times we ducked outside really fast to see the damage from the storm. The wind was ludicrous, but it was really funny. Elder H and I spent our time in the flat talking, working on the Zone theme, and watching the damage. It was quite good fun. The police were actually going around taking people home that were out. Only a few pieces of our roof came off, and we got the fire brigade to come tack them down yesterday. We have to call the landlord and get them to come do actual maintenance tomorrow.
We were meant to start the lessons with F last night, but we were too wet, so we are going tonight. I found a copy of the Book of Mormon Stories picture book in our flat, so I am planning on taking that to him as well, to help him out with understanding the stories.
Easter was really good and the weather was good enough to go to church on Sunday as well. I have been reading a lot out of the Atonement book that the mission put together. It’s a lot of talks about Christ and the Atonement from the General Church Authorities and officers. The work on Easter was just regular work, but it felt a little different. The spirit of the day was different. We ate lunch with the Hokitika Elders, and Elder T gave us haircuts. Good to have a Tongan in the district.
Someone said that the reason that New Zealander's don't always like us Americans is because of all of our holiday things we do, like Easter baskets, and Halloween and stuff, but they are always the ones that bring it up. We made the baskets for FHE, so I have no idea what the general consensus was.
I think that the technology is going to start coming into this mission when President Hudson comes.
I have been eating a lot of ice cream, but I’ve been mixing it with peanut butter and bananas and stuff. And my bread intake has been really low the last while; other than sandwiches, I haven't been eating bread.
Also, since I think it will be you that emails back first, I have been struggling with the morning schedule. President K has requested that I ask for any counsel that you might be able to give me, and I need to report it back to him, so if you've got anything, fire away :)
Ya, after I had my chat with President K, I have been making a more conciosus (not bothering to spell check that because it is funny) effort to be in bed with lights out at 10:30, and my morning has been smoother now that I have to force myself to get up and call the Zone Leaders every morning at 6:30. I have an alarm at 6:15 with a 15 min snooze for the 6:30 get up.
No comments:
Post a Comment