Sunday, April 6, 2014

Weekly Update 3/30/14

I am doing pretty good. This week I had exchanges with Elder H down in Hokitika, and then on Friday I was with the Westport Elders for 3 or 4 hours while my companion was at District Leader Council. We also had a flat inspection from Elder B on Saturday. We have also been preparing for General Conference. We will be seeing it the week after, just like last time. Tomorrow, we have district meeting up in Westport, and the K’s will be there to do our quarterly interviews. I think this will probably be the last interview with President K. We are riding our bikes a bit, but we haven't the last week or so, because Elder Sio needs to change his wheels over.

 

It is sad how many people will serve missions and then fall away or just go less active. I know that it is important for me to have at least one true convert, and for that convert to be me.

 

DSC02827

 

DSC02838

 

There is this concrete sewage pipe across a marshy area in Greymouth, and we use it as a short cut from time to time. The other day when I had my camera, I was going to take some pictures because there is a part that looks just like that scene in Lord of the Rings when they are going through the swamp with the ghosts or whatever, but the water was down, so it was just mud so the picture didn't work.

 

DSC02821

 

I also saw this sign someone had vandalized, but still works out, but in the context of the train crossing, and also as a metaphor for life. I think that if we aren't looking for the silver lining or happy times or something, life will be painful. It sounded more poetic in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment