This week we’ve heard from and about our favorite missionary three times (twice in one day on Friday). I love weeks like this.
On Friday we were forwarded an email from my sister’s awesome friend who happens to be a cousin of Caleb’s Missionary President’s wife. It felt so good to know she’s looking out for him. This is the note she sent, along with some pictures.
Hi B,
I've been looking forward to getting to the South Island so I could see Elder Paulson and send you some pictures. He is serving in the Queenstown District. These pictures were actually taken in Gore where the district meeting was held. His companion is Elder L. He is a convert to the church and the only member in his family.
Elder Paulson is serving in the city of Alexandra. This area was just opened up this year. I don't think there have been missionaries staying in that city for about 13 years. We rented a building so they would have somewhere to meet. It's only a small unit (not even a branch yet). But we did have our first baptism before Elder Paulson arrived so the work is moving forward.
President Kezerian was conducting some interview so he wasn't in our group picture but I caught him afterwards with Elder Paulson. We find connections everywhere and it's fun to hear of them.
We hope all is well for all of you!
Love,
S
Gore District, minus President Kezerian
Elder Paulson and President Kezerian (looks serious)
Later on Friday, we received a letter from Elder Paulson with lots of things he wanted to save- maps of his area, priesthood line of authority, temporary NZ driver’s license, genealogy he had questions about, a coin for Caitlin, etc…
Today he emailed each of us and gave us bits and pieces of information. I don’t have much to share, other than he’s in good spirits and is getting along just fine. He sent the following pictures from the drive back to Queenstown after the district meeting in Gore.
Its called a Suede. Strange. But pretty good mashed with carrots, butter and garlic
Stores
Proper way to open a can
Oh my goodness, does Elder Paulson need a can opener or what? Bless his heart, that is a can of budget pineapple in syrup, can he get it in natural juices? Love that guy!
ReplyDeleteMom, this is what he said when I asked him if he's budgeting his money okay...
ReplyDelete"I budget ok. I know how to shop. Elder L on the other hand..."
So I guess budget to Elder Paulson means "budget" on the label. LOL