The work is progressing in Alexandra, no pictures this week-
Things are going good with the investigators. Progress is slow. We just had a mission fast for greater faith in our finding.
We got a new family with a solo {single} mom coming to church. She enjoys it. She says she actually feels spiritually uplifted and filled as compared to the Salvation Army, where she feels like the weight of the world is on her. She’s afraid that if they hear she is coming to our church now they will cut her off from food parcels when she needs them and they won’t let her go to the store. That’s what they have done to other people.
Ya, Jesus the Christ is pretty deep. I can't remember most of what I read, so I will probably have to read it multiple times while I'm here.
A little while ago I went on a split with one of the Assistants to the President when they were coming through town. We were knocking on a door and the guy next door started yelling at us to get off the property, a holiday home, or he would call the cops. Elder Howard just kept saying "What?", "Sorry, what?” He told me later he thinks it’s funny when people are forced to repeat themselves and they realize how dumb they sound.
I think having a mission call makes you statistically speaking, at least 30% more attractive.
We are still getting frosts every now and again. It was the blossom festival this week.
We are showing conference {General Conference} in our building with a projector and stuff. Should be good.
I asked Caleb if their car has a CD player because there’s some music I’d like to send him. A straight answer is so hard to get out of him:
Nah, we only have a record player. We have a vinyl collection of the MoTab from the 20's. Just kidding. Yes, we do. We are also getting a new car sometime in the near future.
No comments:
Post a Comment