Elder Paulson reported the following this week:
I'm in the war chapters right now in Alma, and when I finish Alma, I'll have read the Book of Mormon all the way through since getting to my area.
Pray for our investigators, Bert, Tau, and others.
I got a bit sick this week, so that’s fun.
It also rained a ton one day here in Alexandra, and so I had to let the shoes I was wearing that day dry for a few days.
So I guess Brother Anderson (Clint’s boss) was in New Zealand last week. Found this big box hidden behind our trash can by the postal service. Tell him thanks for me.
We have enough money to get by. I got a big speeding ticket though, so that screwed up my budget kind of bad. We still have a ton of food and stuff from the last few weeks, so we should be good this week. Just a few things we need to buy. I eat a lot of sausage and chicken and potatoes. I cooked steak last week. We get fed often enough to suit our needs. I think I've put on about 7-10 kilos, but a lot could just be muscle.
I can see why it is usually older people that do family history. Super boring. A few people have come by (Family History Center), and I think a few more will come soon. We can’t really teach anyone, but it is a way for people to get to know and feel comfortable with us.
We are having a Mission Tour down in Dunedin tomorrow, so we are driving down after we finish emailing. President Hamula will be speaking. He is the Area President. I just need to hear from the first counselor and I will have heard from the whole presidency, since the second counselor spoke at the MTC. Road Trip!
Church and Family History Center
Here are some pictures from my drive to Roxburgh
Nothing like an international speeding ticket! Good to see he's still Caleb! ;)
ReplyDelete