It’s transfer time in the Wellington, New Zealand Mission and Elder Paulson will be staying in Alexandra with Elder Langi.
From Elder Paulson:
This week is a transfer week, but I stay here. Transfers are every 6 weeks. I’ll probably be here in Alexandra for at least another 3 months, if not longer.
I went on my second exchange this past week and it was with Elder McKenna, from Northern England. That was pretty fun.
I am healthy but probably starting to get fat and I’m enjoying the work.
I like the quote from John Taylor, "The Kingdom of God or nothing."
I think door knocking is tracting? I feel like calling it tracking makes it sound a bit too predatory. There are a lot of hitch hikers here, and most of them are trying to get to Dunedin. I wish we could pick them up because they would make a good captive audience.
If you want some good scriptures to read, read Exodus 22:18, Joshua Chapters 1 through 12, and Exodus 32. Maybe even Exodus 17: 8-15 and the first few chapters of Daniel. It is funny seeing how intense everyone was in the olden times. They don't make you just pay a blood debt if you kill someone. They kill you and your wife and kids and your aunts and uncles and cousins and cats and dogs and horses and cows and burn your house down and turn it into a dung hill. Fun stuff the Old Testament.
Mom to Elder Paulson: I’m really proud of you for working so hard, staying within your budget, and living the mission rules. You’re proving yourself to be a mature and capable adult and an excellent missionary. I hope that as the days go by you can feel a change in the person you are becoming and notice all the growth and progress you’re making.
Elder Paulson: Thanks Mom. And I can feel the change in my person and notice the growth. Especially around my neck and stomach. Sweet as. {Mom’s note: he hasn’t lost his sense of humor!}
No comments:
Post a Comment