I am doing good. I figure you wanted to hear that tried and tested line at least a few more times.
No, I can't believe I’m coming home. It is weird, though it is starting to set in. I said I would believe it when I was able to buy milk that expired around the date I was scheduled to leave.
We still haven't really found anyone to teach, but we have still been working with a lot of less active and returning members.
Interviews with President Hudson were funny. Pretty much everyone else was in for at least 15 minutes, if not 30, but I was in and out in five minutes tops.
Maori is pretty easy to pronounce. There is only a combination of 55(?) sounds all up. I'll get SL, one of our less active members to translate my testimony into Maori for me.
So this week I went on exchange with Elder Nordlin, who is also going home. We both got our "trunky letter" with our itineraries. If my day is long, his is very long- 33 hours from Wellington to his family.
On Wednesday we went on rescue visits with the Elders Quorum, and there was actually a pretty good turnout, though none of the people Brother Scott and I went to see were home.
I made thank you cards this week, before I made my farewell list, which was a bad choice because I thought 40 would be enough, but I need more like 60.
Faga Sione is back from Utah, he is going to live in Australia for a while to work and save money, then go back to America to marry his fiance in Kearns.
Liahona Oloapu is now saying he is going to Snow College in January, but I'll believe it when he gets there.
MM, a girl in the Hutt 1st area, got baptized on Saturday, so that was cool. We also gave one of the Sisters' investigators and her mom blessings on Saturday morning. When I asked for the name I thought it was all one name, not first, middle, and last. Good ol' Indian names. We also went to a YSA activity last night, and I hope that Utah YSA can measure up.
So in my forward thinking/master planning, after Caitlin goes off to Girls Camp, I want to go to the Temple for a session, and then I will need to go buy some new shoes and maybe some shorts, and then have lunch at Olive Garden.
Amy and Sister Stinson
Brother Thompson
Julia McMillen
Mara Mendoza
Mendoza Family
Sione Family
Sonny and Deidre Ah Wong
Vavaloa Family
No comments:
Post a Comment