Sunday, December 14, 2014

Weekly Update 12/14/14

A was baptized on Saturday; but it was kind of sad because there were more missionaries than Omahu Ward members. It was a good service though. Unfortunately, neither she nor any of her family came to church yesterday for her confirmation. Sister Flynn told us later on that it was because of a dead battery in the car or something. It seemed kind of dodgy to me, but whatever the reason, she now can't be confirmed until next Sunday. That made transfers kind of stressful, but all four of us are staying, so I will still get to confirm her next week, so that is good. The pictures are pretty awful, so I will have to get more.

 

Arohaina's Baptism3

 

Mission Tour was good. I took a lot of notes. I think the part I liked the most was when President Pearson talked about everyone everywhere already knowing the Gospel is true, we just have to give the Holy Ghost an opportunity to remind them. We took pictures, and lunch was kind of like a Thanksgiving dinner. I talked to President Pearson more than President Hudson.

 

We are only allowed one Zone P-Day and one District P-Day (with the sisters) a transfer. If we go do stuff with all six of us Elders we will invite N. We haven’t taught him any lessons yet. I think he has been really stressed about Christmas and some dumb choices he’s made. We still haven't heard from L. We will probably just give him some time.

 

If everything goes accordingly, I'll be here until at least January 28. I got Grandma and Grandpa's package as well as the letters from the youth in our home ward that Sister Hale sent.

 

Beanstalk is doing well. I forgot to take a picture this morning. I got up on the roof the other day and tied my anchor to the gutter, because the wind blew the bamboo over the other day.

 

I got my two pairs of pants back. The one I tore the back seam really good is fixed well, and it isn't too noticeable and it didn't change the fit. The pair I was wearing when I crashed is a bit ugly, but it should keep it from wearing out a whole bunch, so it is alright.

 

Yes, we are keeping up with the Advent. It only takes a few minutes of our companion study. Right now I am in Alma somewhere around chapter 50 or so. I’m appreciating the notes I wrote from the last few times in the war chapters.

 

Now Elder King and I just need to find like 30 new people to teach because we have zero investigators.

 

Up a Tree

 

Silver Lining3

 

No comments:

Post a Comment