Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Weekly Update 11/30/14

The kina was alright. I was a bit disappointed actually. Apparently some people will dive for a whole sack of them, then sit on the edge of their boat and eat them. Weird. You just eat the tongue, the yellow-orange bit. I think our kina(s) weren't mature enough yet, because the tongue is meant to be pretty big, but the ones we had were only about the size of my pinky. It tastes a bit like gargling sea water.

 

DSC03760 DSC03764

 

The week was pretty good. I went on exchange with Elder Richardson, who is one of the Zone Leaders and is from my intake. Elder King and I probably aren't as smooth as I would like, but at least we are on the same page, I think.

 

The RS Presidents problem with FHE in the park is that she thinks it is against the Church Handbook, but lots of units do similar things, and some YSA and College wards actually use the chapel for it. It is a ward activity, but the missionaries run it.

 

L is doing well. We had a two hour lesson with him after a baptism on Saturday, and none of us realized how long we had been there. He drinks tea, but was able to say he would commit to not drinking it if that is the way it needs to be. He still seemed pretty hesitant about coming to church, but it was because he doesn't have a tie, and we were like, all good, come anyway, Bishop has heaps of ties in his office for when he forgets one. He asked if he could come half an hour early to meet Bishop, which we of course said yes. We had to bike to church because Elder Zollinger and Elder Bokai were still down in Wellington, but L never came. We stopped by on the way home and told him we missed him and gave him a copy of For the Strength of Youth and two CTR rings for his siblings. He said something came up or something, but he was wearing black jeans like he told us he had, so I wonder if he got all ready to go and then couldn't for some reason. We set up an appointment for Tuesday night to take Bishop to meet him, and I am hoping he will have talked to his Mom about baptism. We were hoping to set him for the 13 of December, but because he didn't come to church, he can't be baptized until the 20th at the earliest, which is next transfer.

 

A (the young girl) has a baptismal date for the 13th of December, and we only have a little bit more to teach her, and then we will set up an interview. Her Mom is less active, so her biggest support in Sister Flynn, the Primary President.

 

We have a Zone P-day today out at Bridge Pa, and I think a lot of people are getting moved around even before transfers, because of Visa issues with the next intake. We have Zone Conference/Mission Tour next Monday with Elder Pearson, so we will be emailing on Tuesday.

 

Thanksgiving was while I was on exchange, and they had a dinner appointment with Brother Norling, the Napier WML. I even got some potatoes and gravy for Thanksgiving.

 

I invited Neville again to the Zone P-day. While we were talking, he asked what our plans were for the weekend. I told him we were going to a boy’s baptism, and he jokingly asked if he could be baptized too. I knew that he had been taught a little by the past Elders, but not much, so I told him he could be baptized, but he would need the lessons first. I asked him if he wanted us to come over and do that some time and he agreed. I think the other missionaries just gave him a Book of Mormon and pamphlets and told him to read them.

 

K. E., who was taught by Elder Zollinger and Elder Bokai, was baptized on Saturday, but they had to be in Wellington for the weekend for Elder Bokai to see a specialist. Elder Richardson baptized K, and as witness, I made him do it twice. Yesterday, I confirmed K. E. a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and a few hours later, conferred upon him the Aaronic Priesthood and ordained him to the office of Deacon. That was pretty cool.

 

Kaleb Edwards Baptism2

 

I also got your package on Friday. For the love of all things that are lovely and virtuous in this world, please don’t send me anymore Highlighters. I literally don't even highlight anything. Haha.

 DSC03900

 

And I also crashed my bike yesterday, so I have to find a tailor. I scuffed the knee on my suit pants, so I think if I just leave it, it will eventually turn into a hole like the scratch did on my black pants, except that was a lot bigger. Then I'll have to dry clean to get the blood off or something.

 

DSC03898

 

DSC03901

 

DSC03913

 

No comments:

Post a Comment