Sunday, October 19, 2014

Weekly Update 10/19/14

I am doing swell.

 

We have been able to see a few people this week. We still haven't seen J and T. It has literally been like three weeks. I don't know what happened to them. J and N are all over the place, and their parents are still putting up a bit of resistance, but they are good. We took Sister Flynn, the Primary President yesterday, and I think she will come with us to all of their lessons from now on.

 

Last week for the Zone P-day we played dodgeball (my arm is still stiff for some reason), kickball, and ate lunch.

 

District Meeting with President was good. I asked President Hudson for his counsel on how we can help W, because we have tried everything we and the district could think of. He proposed that at our next Ward Council meeting, which was yesterday, we bring him up and lay everything on the table about him and his family, so we could align the MP keys through us, with the keys that the Bishop holds. We are now having a special fast with the Ward Council starting tonight in behalf of W and his family. It will take nothing short of a miracle for him to have his desire and be baptized. We are also fasting for a few active and less active members who have been really sick the last few weeks. The Ward Council has some cohesion issues, so I think even just talking about W and asking everyone to exercise their faith was a great teaching opportunity.

 

The Brown's visit was good. They updated me on how everyone down in Greymouth is doing, which was nice to hear.

 

A miracle (sort of) that we had this week was on Thursday when we were deciding if we wanted to get pizza for dinner before going back to the flat. We went into the grocery store to grab a few things while we made up our minds, and when we came out and were getting on our bikes, a girl started yelling at us from across the parking lot, asking if we wanted a pizza. We went over and talked to her, and she said it would be rude to refuse a free pizza, and thanked us for the good that we do, gave us the pizza and walked away. So I guess that was a miracle.

 

The companionship is doing alright.

 

I am doing good. I finished the Book of Mormon again today, so tomorrow I'll be reading from the beginning again.

 

This week we played Elder Bednar’s talk for our eternal investigator, J. I was really hoping it would cause a change in him, but it didn't, so back to the drawing board for us.

 

I also asked this shorter girl when we were door knocking if her parents were home, right before I realized she is probably about my age. But she still took a copy of the Book of Mormon, so that is good I guess.

 

I did get in my first bike crash this week, when Elder King was riding right next to me and didn't merge over like he was supposed to. Fortunately I had a relatively soft landing on top of him, and luckily when four or five people that recognized us and honked and waved, it was when we were walking to the flat, not on the ground. I only just cut my wrist a little bit.

 

Here is my awesome garden. I feel a bit like Homer Simpson when I work on it. It is growing really fast. I have pumpkins, tomatoes, onions, spring onions, beans, and potatoes.

 

Awesome Garden

 

Awesome Garden2

 

Awesome Garden3

No comments:

Post a Comment