I am doing pretty good. General Conference was really good. We saw the Saturday sessions with the other missionaries in our district over in the Napier Chapel, and then we saw the Priesthood session over in Flaxmere. For some reason, it was really bad quality. Even when they did a close up of the MTC choir, you couldn't read their name tags. I finally saw the Wimmer’s right at the very end. There were two others I recognized from our stake in the choir as well.
This week our numbers were awful. We hardly saw anyone because it was the last week of school holidays, so we did a ton of service instead of lessons. We haven't even seen J and T for about two weeks. I had an exchange with Elder Bokai this week. He is still new on his mission from Kiribati. I made a chicken soup while I was with him with some frozen chicken. I defrosted it a bit in the microwave, but it wasn't done, so I put it in again with the intention to check on it, but our neighbor came and started talking to me, so the chicken was "defrosting" for about 8 or 10 minutes. But the soup was alright and didn't kill either of us, so ka pai.
One of the ladies that Elder Balacano and I did a lot of service for gave me a piece of greenstone and a card like she did for Elder Balacano, so that is cool. Also, the Brown’s visited and took us to dinner on Wednesday night. It was really good to see them.
My thoughts about General Conference- I really liked Elder Hamula's talk about the sacrament and the Atonement, and Elder Klebingat's talk and his list of six suggestions. I also think that President Uchtdorf and President Monson have a competition going on or something. President Uchtdorf always talks about airplanes because he was a pilot and in the Air Force. Now President Monson is like "Dieter, don't even think about it. Here I was in the Navy and I have a nice story about a boat." Or something like that.
President Hudson is coming to our District meeting tomorrow for our quarterly interviews, and today we are having a big Zone P-day over in Hastings at one.
No comments:
Post a Comment