Sunday, September 21, 2014

Weekly Update 9/21/14

This week was probably as stressful for me as it was for Elder Balacano. We did a lot of running around so he could say goodbye to people. We didn't quite make it to 250 people talked to, but we did get 215, so it was still pretty good. My new companion will be Elder King and I will be staying here in Hawkes Bay.

 

We haven't seen J or T this last week. They weren't home Tuesday, and on Thursday we knocked on the door and a friend opened the door, said they weren't interested and slammed the door. J was behind her, and when she saw us she said something like no wait, wait, wait, wait. Then she came and opened the door again and I think she was kind of embarrassed. The friend was probably more embarrassed though. She just asked us if we could come back the next day because it was a full house and it was kind of crazy. But then we went Friday and they weren't home. We shot them a text, she apologized and said that she forgot they were going to Palmerston North for the weekend and asked us to come on Monday (today). So we will see.

 

Didn’t I tell you about J and N? Well, they are the 8 year old twins of M and R. They are less- active at the moment, but I think they are starting to soften. They’re both (mostly R though) kind of against the church. I think he was hurt in the past by someone in a position of authority.

 

So are the McKissick’s actually in our stake then? I think Elder McKissick is finishing soon.

 

Yep, I know Darcys. Her family lives kind of by Tyler A. They would have been in our last ward. Do you know which mission for Megan?

 

This week we were able to visit with Brother S, the guy that is having family problems. I think he should be on his way back to church now hopefully. Hopefully.

 

I also learned how to make brownies from scratch. It takes an entire half stick of butter. But they are really good. I’m taking some to District meeting.

 

I also taught myself how to play Settlers of Catan.

 

Bruce N, the son of our Ward Mission Leader, and his partner gave Elder Balacano a going away gift. It is a wood Maori picture frame. I think it has got to be just over 2 foot square and at least 4kg. I have no idea how he will get it home.

 

Last Monday we went to a manmade waterfall over in Napier. I am not sure what we will do today because it started raining like mad during our companion study. We are also ending our P-Day early for Elder Balacano to say more goodbyes, and he wants to go door knocking one last time. We take him to the bus stop tomorrow after District Meeting.

 

Right now I am reading the war chapters of Alma. I got to chapter 50 this morning. On this read through I am highlighting all the Christ-like attributes.

 

DSC03445

 

DSC03452

 

DSC03463

 

GEDC2455

Poveys

 

GEDC2465

Atawhai

 

GEDC2478

Jeremy and Brother Smith

 

GEDC2484

 

Highams

 

george and liz 

George and Liz

 

Ngaronoas

 

Ngaronoas

 

Symons

J & N

Symons5

The Symons

No comments:

Post a Comment