Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Weekly Update 9/14/14

I would say I am at 100%. I think I have grown to be more compassionate, and I would say that my testimony has grown. It is just frustrating when you don't have anyone to share it with, and members don't really appreciate you and what you are there to do. All the missionaries are the same to them. If one missionary did something stupid five years ago, they judge that you will probably do the same. Or they will always talk about one missionary that they loved, but don't give you the opportunity to do the same.

 

The weather is starting to turn a bit, but it has been raining a lot too. I think it brings up a lot of the garbage on the road. I have been taking my bike to the gas station every 2 or 3 days; I think I have a really slow leak in the back wheel, but I can't seem to find it. I'll look for it again next Monday. I am going to take Elder Balacano's wheels and put mine on his bike. I also got new pedals from the Zone Leaders last night.

 

Contacting is going the same as usual and last week was slow. We are planning to talk to 250 people this week, rather than the normal goal of 150, because it is Elder Balacano's last full week.

 

We have not found too many more people, but J, T, and M, the family we found, seem to be progressing. We had two lessons with them this week, and we also met Jo's mom. I think she is a less active member over in the Napier ward. She was telling J that they need to have us over for dinner because we are supposed to have meal nights, so that was pretty funny. We got both of them to say the prayers on Thursday, which was really good.

 

We did a little service on Thursday, not too big though. Zone Conference was good. They have made it now so that we can teach single women, but we have to take a temple recommend holding man as our third companion, so it won't really change too much here in this area. I think it will change a lot of the related rules, but they didn't really specify, so we might learn more when Mission Leader Council happens next.

 

I visited the S’s (J and N) on Tuesday with Brother Ngaronoa. N said the closing prayer by himself without the cheat sheet, and then when we saw them last night, J said one of the prayers by himself. Their prayers are getting longer, so that is really good for them. Their parents might be softening a bit more too.

 

Elder Balacano got a letter this week from the office. He is bussing from here to Wellington next Tuesday at 1, and it is a five and a half hour drive. Then he will stay two nights in Wellington and fly home on Thursday.

 

I have been looking for all the Christ-like attributes in the Book of Mormon, and I am up to Alma 24 now. Next read through, I will search for all the names of the God Head.

Addition- I’m including Caleb’s email to Caitlin. He’s a good big brother.

Caitlin,

 

I can't believe you just sent me 34 attachments. I didn't even think you could do that.

 

Who was working at Marble Slab? Probably no one I know, because they would have been at the dance.

 

Sounds like you had a pretty good week. Stay away from the boys, you hear me. Just because you are 16 next Wednesday doesn't mean anything.

 

I am doing good. Just finding finding finding. And biking.

 

Are you enjoying school? Has it been 2 or 3 weeks now? Are you doing good?

 

Are you saying your prayers and doing your reading for seminary? I saw that there is a new graduation requirement for seminary, so you have to read the assigned reading. Keep up! Haha

 

Have a good week!

Elder Paulson

 

No comments:

Post a Comment