Monday, April 27, 2015

Weekly Update 4/27/15

I really like Elder Davis. He is a good missionary, plus the fact that he is District Leader and we live with the Zone Leaders now, so we don't have any choice but to work hard. We have had a good start so far, and I intend to keep it that way. I am doing pretty good on my studies so far. For companion study, I had the idea to go through the 12 week training manual. I figure if that is how they want us to come into the mission, it is a good way to go out too.

 

Bishop emailed me as well and told me about Sister Stephenson's talk. That is cool.

 

Yes, I got a haircut on Tuesday from Finau. I look good. Elder and Sister Lynch brought the package with my new shirts when they came on Friday to teach us how to live in a four man flat.

 

I have been introducing Elder Davis to all of the members this week, and I think we will have a good companionship. We are ready to work hard and also show the members that we are willing to work hard. It should be really good.

 

This week is Stake Temple week, so a lot of the active members won't be here, but we are going to be cleaning out our area book and doing a lot of finding. The weather is cooling down and getting a bit wetter, but it should be alright.

 

This week has been kind of a crazy one with transfers and all that. Basically I got evicted from my flat with one day notice, so the Sisters could live there and be closer to their area. Since neither of the Sisters can drive anymore, it would have meant a 30 minute (or probably more like an hour) bike ride for them every time they needed to go work or go home if they stayed in their original flat.

 

We had to do like 5 hours of deep cleaning to get the flat to "Sister Standards," but then when we were helping the Zone Leaders shut down the Sisters old flat, I realized their standards are probably about on par with ours. But personally, I have always liked a clean flat.

 

Now Elder Davis and I are living in a four man flat with the Zone Leaders, which is super funny, but kind of crazy. The Mission President isn't super keen on four man flats, so we have to be on our best behavior and it won't be permanent, but we also don't know how long it will be.

 

We have also had a few earthquakes this week. I only felt one; we were sitting in the car talking before we went in to see an investigator, and all the sudden it just felt like someone was outside shaking our car. It was pretty fun.

 

So moving, getting a new companion and the earthquake are probably the highlights of my week.

 

I can't think of anything else in particular to share, but I am really grateful for this opportunity to serve my Heavenly Father and my brothers and sisters here in New Zealand. I know that my purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ, by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. In the words of the White Handbook, “how great is my calling.” Thank you for all your support of me while I have been here in New Zealand and in helping me grow up at home. I can't wait to see you all in a few weeks when we Skype.

No comments:

Post a Comment