I really enjoyed General Conference. A good portion of the ward came to watch it, but it is still nothing like at home. There were only maybe 30 men who came to the Priesthood Session, and most of them showed up about five minutes before it started. Nothing like trying to go 45 minutes early to get a seat in the chapel at home.
I was kind of slack I guess, and couldn't think of any good questions to take to Conference, so I just prayed and asked Heavenly Father to help me know through the spirit what I needed to know. He would know better than I would anyways. Fair enough right? So, of course, what do I get? All of #LDSConf is about #Marriage and #Families. I guess not really all of it, but I would say a pretty good portion. So I guess that is that.
Yup, I liked the talk by Elder Ballard. I tried to take as many notes as I could, but there was too much to write in too little time. I hope to get the Conference Ensign soon.
There was also a lot of giggling when President Eyring said “Vanuatu.” Something else that was funny was before Priesthood Session, when Bishop Williams asked us to go start cooking sausages at about the hour mark. I didn't know how to say no, so we simply just stayed in our seats when the time came, seeing as the word of God through His living Prophets and Apostles is way more important than sausages.
Not a lot of improvement with Elder W, but I will last. This is my last week with him anyways, because the Zone Leaders told us he will be transferred.
I have been reading the Doctrine and Covenants with the big student manual too, since I found a copy from like the 70's or so. I like getting the history and stuff too, it makes it a lot more interesting. The D&C is really cool. I just hope I can finish it fast enough, without rushing, to be able to read the Book of Mormon again before I come home. Obviously I am not getting that much from it, as two days after I finished Section 89 with the Word of Wisdom, Dr. Pepper went on sale at the Warehouse and I bought a bunch of it. With the problems I’ve seen out here, I plan to steer clear of drugs and habit forming stuff. Just not Dr. Pepper. I NEED it. Haha, not really, but I like it.
We saw A, it was an alright visit, but it was also the first lesson with him in like a month. He is meant to be baptized this Saturday, but yeah, it’s not going to happen right away.
I learned how to peel shrimp, but I don't think I really have a favorite thing to eat right now.
Yup, I am on schedule pretty much with my study plan. I'll be caught up to where I am meant to be in PMG on Wednesday I think, and then I will be doing just one section a day.
We had a PPI with the Zone Leaders the other day, so that was good.
I feel pretty healthy. I have been doing pretty solid with morning exercise, but I have also eaten a lot of junk from Easter, so I think I need to keep doing good, but eat a little better. I am not sure where all my money goes in this area, because we get fed a pretty good amount, in comparison to past areas.
It has been really dry for the last month or two here, so they were putting on the water restrictions and stuff, and telling people when they are allowed to water their gardens. But the last week or so has been really wet, so I don't know if they’ll keep the restrictions or not. I am kind of tired of all the green. I really like fall, but here it just seems like a sad confused season. Just wet for a while, then all the sudden it is cold and everything is dead. I miss mountains.
Some of the YSA’s here in this ward are going on an official unofficial YSA trip to Utah in October, and I was giving one of them ideas on what they could do, and she wanted me to write it all down, but I was like "all good, I'll just come with." So that would be pretty funny if they all come over.
Yep, next Monday is transfer emails. I know I will be here next transfer, and I hope I just get to finish here altogether.
I remembered last night, and I should have asked a few weeks ago probably, but I will run out of journal pages at about the t minus 40 day mark. The company must not actually like missionaries, otherwise, I feel like they would count the journal pages out so Elders could just take 4 packets and sisters 3 or something.
No comments:
Post a Comment