I am in my new area now, Taradale, a borough of Napier. I finally made it up to the North Island, and it is like a whole different country up here. It was sad to leave all the people I met down in Greymouth, but I am happy to be here now.
Everything went relatively well for the transfer. On Tuesday night, Elder Brown drove us down to Hokitika, where we stayed the night. Sister Brown also made me a care package. They are a pretty great senior couple (if Elder and Sister Brown are reading this right now, you guys are alright I guess).
Mom’s note: I love Elder and Sister Brown and will forever be grateful for the love, support and encouragement they showed my stinker of a missionary.
I was meant to fly from Hoki to Christchurch to Wellington to Napier, but a flight got cancelled from ChCh to Hoki, so it set everyone back. I went to the airport at 6 to fly at 7, but they told me to come back at 7 to fly at 8. I flew to ChCh and then straight to Napier. Basically, I barely made it with all of my stuff. My bags were very full. The man who was weighing and loading the bags was very impressed with my stuffing though. It's just a good thing they didn't weigh my backpack. I also had to leave the sweater vest, a book, and my planners, which I will have the other Elder mail to me.
The new area seems pretty good. It is my first "ward" and my first time on the North Island. Nearly everyone here has citrus trees. By showing interest, I got some lady we met to share some mandarin oranges with us. We live in a flat, and it is the second in from the road. The weather is a bit warmer I think. It is also a lot flatter here. We share the Omahu Ward with Elder Olson and Elder Zollinger. It is Elder Olson who opened Waimate, and I replaced him and closed it. Elder Balacano seems pretty good. He is very serious and pretty quiet. He is from the Philippines, and will go home in a few months. He has been here for two transfers now. There is not currently a senior couple, but I think we will get one in August maybe.
"This past week C was baptized in Christchurch. Our senior couple from here in Greymouth decided to go and attend. While there, C said that if it hadn't been for Elder Yarrington and Elder Paulson, she wouldn't be where she is today. She told Elder Brown to personally thank us for helping her change and follow the fullness of the Masters gospel." – Elder Yarrington
I don’t know if Elder Paulson knows about this yet, but he’s going to be so happy!
Elder Paulson, M and F
Elder Paulson, with N and I
Elder Paulson with D
Elder Paulson with M
No comments:
Post a Comment