I am doing pretty good. As you know (I think) this week is transfer week, and I will now be serving in Napier (Hawkes Bay Zone/ Napier District) with Elder Balacano.
So F is doing good, and M is really progressing. I think she will be baptized pretty soon, after a few things are worked out, but I won't be here anymore. M really took off after she started coming to church. The lessons perfectly corrected some misrepresentations she had of the church, and she is really happy for that.
This week I went on exchange with Elder Davis up in Westport. We had Family Home Evening while I was up there, so now I can make paper cranes. Pretty impressive, I know.
Earlier this week when we were door knocking, we met a young woman who believes in evolution and the other related things. We had a really good conversation with her and she really seemed to warm up to us. We invited her to pray and read about the Plan of Salvation. We went back and checked up on her yesterday, and she had done what we asked, but she said she hadn't felt anything. She says she does not believe religion has anything to go off of, but she was very polite in stating what she believed, and was pretty friendly with us, not really rude like most people would be. We left her with a copy of the Book of Mormon, and I think that someday she will find the truth. She was pretty surprised when I told her I was going to study science when I go home from my mission.
Yesterday in church, Elder and Sister Edwards from Nelson, and I were the assigned speakers. Elder Brown gave me the assigned topic of humility, as I was clearly the most qualified person to give such a talk. Clearly.
I think that is pretty much it for the week. The colorful plants are silver beet, I think it is called Swiss or French Chard in the states, and the guy with me is Elder Collins, one of my Zone Leaders.
No comments:
Post a Comment