Things are going pretty alright. Transfers are next Wednesday, so I will find out where I am going next Monday. Because we are closing the area, we have kind of started our own transfer by starting to move all of the things we don't really need up to the Timaru flat. We’re just keeping the big things and the things we use often until just before transfers when we will get a trailer to move. Sometime this afternoon, the property people are taking someone through our flat.
We are just filling our days either trying to do service for the community center or trying to talk to people, and also getting ready for our move. This coming weekend, we are going to be singing at a fundraiser up in Timaru, and we also have exchanges with Elder H and Elder T tomorrow. I finally get to leave my area for exchanges.
The C’s (member family that recently moved into the area) have kids who are 4(?), 7, and just barely 9, all boys. I am not sure how long they have been members, but I think probably they were born in the church.
Speaking of speed limits, yeah, I got another ticket (this would be #3 for anyone keeping track). While we were out street contacting, Sister I called us and told me the office and received a ticket to our license number in January, from the beginning of December. It was from a camera in Timaru, and it caught me going 56 in a 50 area. I truly am a hardened criminal now. When you do the math that would basically be like going 38 in a 35. The cops at home wouldn't even look twice haha. Fortunately, it is a small ticket ($30 something) and it is the offices policy not to hold small ones like this against our driving. So it is just an annoyance. Oh well.
It’s kind of sad I didn't know about the ticket until 2 months later. I could have gotten several more tickets by now and have no idea. I like cops more, they are a preventative, but the cameras are just to punish. And none of the mission cars I've driven so far have cruise control. I used that a decent amount at home. Kilometers are smaller than miles. I can get 5 or 10 over the limit just by not holding down on the brakes on a slope.
I'll send pictures hopefully next week. I was hoping to get some with the branch members this week, but then we had meetings and choir practice.
No comments:
Post a Comment