Here’s our latest update from Elder Paulson. We hope you’ll join with us in prayer this week for his investigators.
Our main investigator right now is B, the husband of P, who was baptized in May. We have had two lessons with him in the last little bit. I think he is pretty much ready to commit to baptism. He is accepting of us, keeps his commitments, and comes to church when he feels well enough. I guess yesterday he sent away a Jehovah’s Witness a few hours before we went and taught him more about faith. That is his biggest thing right now. He has had all the lessons; we are just working on helping him find that belief. We are all excited, especially his wife.
I feel like a lot of our people just want someone to talk to. We need to bridge the gap and change it from a friend/ friend relationship to a missionary/investigator relationship.
We have found a few other potential investigators this last week or so. Most of the people here in Central Otago are white and/or older.
The weather here is starting to heat up. I think they have a blossom festival coming up soon.
There are a lot of Catholics and other denominations down here. "Hi we are missionaries for-‘Well I'm a Catholic so we won’t even engage in conversation. Good day.’" Slam. Sometimes all you can do is try to keep a straight face, and not laugh until you are around a corner.
I bought a typewriter last week and I am currently working on inking it.
This week I have an exchange with the Zone Leaders and the week after that with the District Leader. That will also be the 6th week and transfer week.
I think that’s pretty much it. Just lots of finding and what not. Lots of bike riding. Lots of toast.
I think I'm going to go to fat, especially if I ever get transferred up north. Down here, we maybe eat three meals a week with people. Up north, where all the Islanders are, sometimes you get fed three times a day. I think I've already put on a few kilos, but I don't know how much I weighed before, and it’s probably all muscle. Sweet as.
No comments:
Post a Comment