This week I went on exchanges with Elder C in Nelson. I was there from Thursday night to Saturday around noon. It is about a five hour drive one-way. I get to go back up again this week for Zone Conference.
The reason we went on exchanges so early in the transfer was so that Elder E, the new Zone Leader, could come down to Greymouth to give little F his baptismal interview. It is also a 4 week transfer, so if it hadn't been us, someone would have had to go on exchange this week.
While I was up in Nelson, I made a cake; we did service at the SPCA, helped a family move, and took the car into the shop.
At the SPCA (which is the animal place), we spent a few hours wading through flax plants, cutting down the seed parts, and then we collected some bags of pine cones. We helped President E, one of the District Presidency counselors move all morning Saturday. He is a really funny guy, so it was cool talking to him for a while. The Elders had to take their car into the shop for a checkup. It took several hours, and when we went to get it, we learned it had failed. If it did have a Warrant of Fitness, it didn't now, all because of just one tire. The wheel was on its base rubber apparently. So since it was illegal and probably unsafe to drive to Greymouth the next day, we just traded with the Sisters. They had to bike for the day. Too bad it was really wet.
One of our investigators, C, went to the hospital during the week because she OD'd on some slow release pain killers. Pretty sure it was on purpose, but she wasn’t trying to kill herself, so that is a plus I guess. She is doing good, and actually asked to move her baptismal date up from the 28th to the 21st. She also came to church yesterday and seemed to really enjoy it.
Other than that, this week has been pretty normal. It is still autumn, but we are starting to see a lot of the winter weather (it's freezing). It has also been really windy, not quite as windy as that one storm that was actually a cyclone, and really wet, but kau pai (only good).
I think that is pretty much all I have to say this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment