Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Weekly Update 2/23/14

Yep, last week was our packing week. Because the flat is completely closing, and not staying in the mission, we had to move everything out and clean it really good. We have been living in Temuka for the last few days with the former Timaru Elders. They got moved to Temuka and now there will be sisters in Timaru.

 

DSC02719

 

DSC02726

 

DSC02728

 

I am thinking that I will probably need to send planners, letters, and journals home here soon, but I am not sure when. It was pretty tight getting everything in my bags, and I didn't even pack everything, because the Little's took my dirty clothes bag and all my ties and suits when they were down loading stuff into their car and trailer. So hopefully they will fit. Somewhere.

 

Those pictures are from 2 transfers ago. The Jarvis' are long gone. We were singing a few things, the only one I can remember was Come Thou Fount. Nah, Brother S's lava lava is alright, I have a pink Nike one that's also alright. When I eventually get to an area with a large Tongan or Samoan population, I'll get one of the nice tupenus. They have ties and pockets for added utility.

 

Brother Hall mentioned about his mission in his last letter, but he hadn't gotten the call yet, and he told me not to speculate (like you have been doing). I actually kind of figured he would go to Brazil. Senior couples have a lot of say in where they go and what kind of mission they serve, and he loved the people of Brazil when he was there on his first mission.

 

That sounds really good for Caitlin. 10 years. Wow.

 

I am doing pretty good. I am excited to get to a new area, I'm glad to get out of Waimate, but it is a little sad. The town itself is a nice little place, the people are for the most part very nice, and I really liked this branch. But at the same time, we were not accomplishing really anything, so it will be good to go to an area where we can do things again. My attitude and my testimony are fine. I don't think I really need anything. I have a lot of stuff. All of my clothes are fine. The belt loops on the back of 2 of my pants are pretty much being rubbed through. I think it is probably from my back pack or something. It shouldn't be too big a deal though. My pants all fit fine and my suit coats are almost snug, but only if they are buttoned, which I don't normally do anyways.

 

For transfer I am going to Nelson Zone and Elder M is going to Gore, where we kept telling him he was going. That was in my Alexandra District.

 

The pictures are the district before it all changed, a little boy in the branch that always tried to fight us and stuff (poser) and President and Sister P. Luka, their daughter, had gone to bed already. I will get a few other pictures with members before I go.

 

DSC02704

 

DSC02730

 

DSC02732

 

No comments:

Post a Comment